Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crazy shoes...


Since puberty I have always loved crazy shoes. I remember in High School when I used to get the Delias catalog. There was a pair of silver shoes that I NEEDED. Luckily I had a mother who spoiled me with everything I wanted and of course, I got the silver shoes. At first I was intimidated to wear these disco-esque Frankenstein shoes, but eventually I was fearless and wore them almost every other day to school and just around. They were comfortable and amazing looking. No one had a pair like them...and probably for a just cause. The point of this store is that I have always loved crazy shoes and now, they are finally back on the rise. Now that I am not in high school anymore, the reality of wearing some of these - - especially as a teacher - - is quite difficult, but I can love them as little works of art. Here are some of favorites...for cheap of course:

The first pair is from Charlotte Russe. They are called the "Bondage Strap Platforms". They sell for $39.99. These are definitely hot. I can see it now...black tights and a black turtleneck. Add a humongous bag and you are ready to rock the city.
The second pair is from Forever 21. These are called the "Odette Cage Bootie" and they sell for $28.80. I don't think it would be appropriate for me to wear these while I'm teaching, but a night going to the movie theater would be great! Black tights, black pencil skit, and a crazy neon blouse and I would be ready to stand out amongst all the jean and flip flop girls around town. Pick them up!

The third pair is from Target. These are called the "Ann Michelle by Journee Peep Toe Pumps" and they sell for $34.99. They come in four different colors. These are really versatile. I think of the three that I have featured, these are the most safe, yet still, they are more risque then shoes style of late. I like these shoes because they look like they are comfortable, because of the platform, and like that they are almost a cross between a bootie and a sandal. Very cute.

No comments: